Re: RFC: disable SCTP in Debian's kFreeBSD?

On 06/08/14 22:18, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 01:26:22AM +0100, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
>> So I'm obviously asking here - could we just drop SCTP from the default
>> kernel config?  In jessie/sid?  Even in wheezy-security?
>
> We can certainly do this for wheezy-security if the kfreebsd maintainers
> think it's the best course of action.

Okay then, thanks.  I propose we drop SCTP support from wheezy kernels,
via wheezy-security, to address CVE-2014-3953 and other concerns.

In kfreebsd-10 however, there's been a lot of work on SCTP recently,
suggesting there's some renewed interest in the protocol.  I'm inclined
to keep it in the 10.1 kernel config for now.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org