Re: RFC: target FreeBSD version for Jessie - FreeBSD 10.1 Release schedule

Petr Salinger <Petr.Salinger@seznam.cz> (2014-07-15):
> >Nearer the time, if we still only have a BETA or RC in sid and serious
> >bugs, we may decide to just stay with 10.0.  If a BETA or RC is
> >*already* in testing, we may want to ask the release time about getting
> >a pre-approved unblock when the final release comes.
>
> I am afraid, that we have to decide our goal much earlier.
> Especially w.r.t kfreebsd-kernel-headers (it b-d on kernel source).
> Iff we go for 10.1, we should ship pre-betas into sid during August.

Is this going to happen?

Anyway, not communicating with either debian-boot@ or debian-release@
about (planned) kernel updates right before a freeze doesn't seem a very
nice plan.

On a slightly related note, looking at the debian-bsd@ DDPO page[1], I
see some packages are still numbered 8.x or 9.x; does that mean they're
not working with kfreebsd-10?

 1. https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-bsd@lists.debian.org

Mraw,
KiBi.