kfreebsd-* release status? (was: #757985: kfreebsd: d-i hangs)

[ I'm adding -release@ to the loop. I tried to refrain from mentioning
my concerns in the Jessie Beta 1 announce, that's why I used a quite
neutral wording, but let's be honest: kfreebsd-* is looking bad right
now. ]

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> (2014-08-14):
> Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org> (2014-08-13):
> > Some new installer components have appeared since wheezy, such as
> > partman-iscsi, which is arch: all.  It is of no use without
> > open-iscsi-udeb, which is linux-any.
> >
> > Is it a bug that it is added into kfreebsd images with unsatisfied
> > dependencies?  And/or, must we work around it by making
> > partman-iscsi arch: linux-any?
> >
> > I know it is not very big, but it is shown in the partman menu,
> > despite it not going to work. I don't think we'll have userland
> > iSCSI initiator support for jessie.
>
> (Non-)installability seems quite orthogonal to the fact that we're
> hitting ENOSPC right after locale-related settings, doesn't it? If a
> single extra udeb (or udeb size increase, which happens from time to
> time) is going to break kfreebsd-*, it seems to me that their status
> is far too brittle.

To expand a bit on my earlier reply: that wouldn't be the first
partman-* package being uninstallable. See the edos/dose reports
(table or graphs):
  http://d-i.debian.org/edos/#unstable
  http://d-i.debian.org/edos/graph-unstable-kfreebsd-amd64.png
  http://d-i.debian.org/edos/graph-unstable-kfreebsd-i386.png

> I'm also quite astonished about being the one reporting that. Did I
> miss developer/porter testing and/or user reports?
>
> This kind of breakage is so bad that I would have expected reports
> way earlier, or at least before my own noticing that these images
> are unusable…

Is anyone currently working on figuring out what exactly the problem
is, and how to fix it?

FWIW the current state of d-i on kfreebsd-*, along with unfixed (not
even replied to) serious bug reports in kfreebsd headers (#750836,
#756553), and upgradability issues (kernel removal, #756464) kind of
get me worried about kfreebsd-* releasability for jessie.

Mraw,
KiBi.