processor microcode update support for Debian GNU/kFreeBSD

(please CC me, I am not subscribed to debian-bsd@l.d.o).

Hello kfreebsd-i386/kfreebsd-amd64 porters,

I am the maintainer of intel-microcode and amd64-microcode (non-free), as
well as the maintainer and upstream of iucode-tool (contrib).   Currently,
these three packages are restricted to linux-i386 and linux-amd64.

Given that we've seen several critical microcode fixes in the Intel side
lately, and that AMD's microcode updates also address some relevant errata,
I would like to ensure that Debian kFreeBSD users can receive processor
microcode updates.

How are microcode updates currently being handled in the Debian/kFreeBSD
ports?  Do you need any changes in the intel-microcode and/or
amd64-microcode packages?

  Henrique Holschuh