Re: [m68k] preparing for GCC 4.9

On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 03:49:51PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Matthias Klose dixit:
>
> >I would like to see some partial test rebuilds (like buildd or minimal chroot
>
> Haven???t tried yet, but Helmut Grohne does automated rebootstrapping of
> some ports using what he can get his hands on, and he said m68k was the
> best-(cross)bootstrappable port, and was using gcc-4.9 for it, so there
> are probably at least no ICEs.

I should note that rebootstrap builds much less than a minimal chroot.
It also does not try to execute any of the results.

I did not encounter any ICEs during any builds for any architecture with
rebootstrap yet.

> If Helmut can publish the *.deb files that fall out of such a (cross)
> rebootstrap, we could try debootstrapping (natively, in ARAnyM) from
> them, then boot (a VM) into them, to check basic usage.

You have two options to achieve that:

1) Check out the rebootstrap git repository, debootstrap a fresh
   throw-away chroot and run bootstrap.sh in there. Takes 6 hours.
   Pointers at https://wiki.debian.org/HelmutGrohne/rebootstrap

2) Submit a patch for git.debian.org:/srv/qa/jenkins.debian.org.git to
   collect build artefacts. Then tell me, so I can trigger a rebuild.

Helmut