Re: FreeBSD 10 userland

On 03/02/14 22:53, Robert Millan wrote:
> Does anyone want to test this further before I upload it to sid?

I would like to test but not sure how soon I can do this;  some things
on my list to check would be:

* mkfs.ufs (which seemed broken yesterday in jessie d-i images with 9.2
kernel?)
* DHCP
* if the netmask from the DHCP lease is properly set [I suspect I was
seeing an issue in ifupdown however]
* in case this change has any relevance, rebuild the zfs components, and
see if `/sbin/zpool iostat -v 2` output is fixed;  I was seeing read
speeds appear under the write column, and only zeroes in the read speed
column.

Also I had problems with the Xen netfront driver when I last tried
kFreeBSD 10 on Xen 4.1.  Basic networking with static IP was working,
including ICMP ping, but all after the first outgoing TCP segment in a
stream had an uninitialised payload, regardless of TSO setting;  quite
bizarre.  Would like to see if the new userland has any effect on this
in case it is something to do with interface flags.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org