Re: Multiarch on kFreeBSD?

On 09/09/13 09:10, Petr Salinger wrote:
>> Sounds ugly. We already have proper, non-colliding locations for i386
>> & amd64 ld-linux.so under /lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)/ it should be
>> possible to use those. I don't want to re-create multiarch libraries
>> in /compat/, instead a Debian system should correctly load libraries
>> from multi-arch locations.
>
> Only ld.so symlink should be needed.
>
> See also
> https://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_FAQ#Q:_Is_it_possible_to_run_Linux_binaries_under_Debian_GNU.2FkFreeBSD_kernel.3F

Aha thanks.  So only the squeeze version of eglibc can work.  The
version of eglibc from wheezy or later just segfaults if faking version
2.6.32.

Multiarch paths were not used in squeeze, but with ktrace I can see it
is still looking for libs in /lib/i486-linux-gnu

Therefore only a couple of symlinks are needed to use multiarch (instead
of a chroot) :

/compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.2 -> /lib/i386-linux-gnu/ld-linux.so.2
/compat/linux/lib/i486-linux-gnu -> /lib/i386-linux-gnu

That works for basic things like mksh.

Possibly if you need libraries from /usr you may need more symlinks
because the triplet contains i486 vs. i386 for some reason:

/compat/linux/usr/lib/i486-linux-gnu -> /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org