Using wifi via a smart phone/USB tethering

Hi,

I have recently installed Debian GNU/kFreeBSD wheezy and upgraded to
sid. But I can use internet only via a wired connection.

wireless-tools, wicd or network manager is not available. I was
wondering if there is a way to get the USB tethering work.

It is plug and play in Linux+network manager. My phone is running
Firefox OS (they use android base plus gecko).

If I can get it to work, I can use this kernel more often.

Btw my wifi card is
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation WiFi Link 5100

and I don't think there is a way to get it work directly currently.

Thanks
Praveen
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍