Re: automount program

On 01/12/2013 11:22, Edward Tomasz Napierała wrote:
> Wiadomość napisana przez brunomaximom@openmailbox.org w dniu 1 gru 2013, o godz. 05:20:
>> Hi, I think kFreeBSD needs an automount program. Is there someone for it? If not I can write one with Python, at same time I will be training my Python programming knowledge. :D
>
> Just FYI, in stock FreeBSD the amd(8) daemon is responsible for this.

Thanks Edward for the pointer.

In general when it comes to kernel-specific utilities, following what
upstream does is more useful. It means we get robust code for less
effort, and maybe upstream benefits too if we find bugs or improve things.

Would you consider porting amd(8)? With the current state of
freebsd-glue, porting of new code has become quite straightforward. If
you want to help with this, I suggest you have a look at how the
different packages are built in freebsd-utils source.