Re: Fwd: Re: GPL X BSD

On 24/11/2013 16:49, brunomaximom@openmailbox.org wrote:
>> Debian GNU/kFreeBSD is official Debian port, and thus Debian packages
>> and packagers support kFreeBSD.
> Sorry, but that's not what I see...I dont see any interest from Gnome
> maintainers for kFreeBSD for example, just throw the job for kFreeBSD
> porters =/.

It's not just lack of interest, they purposely want to make their
product unportable. Too bad for them, I guess... it's not like GNOME is
the only available DE.

>> Debian is not a GNU project, and does not seek GNU project approval.
> I was talking about kFreeBSD be more accepted by the GNU project. I have
> a dream: one day GNU and *BSD can join :)

We've put them together already, in the same sense that GNU and Linux
were. If you're thinking of a unified project, this is not going to
happen. Too many philosophical and organizational differences. But as
you can see this doesn't prevent the resulting product from being
popular and succesful.