Re: 3D acceleration

On 19/11/2013 15:40, brunomaximom@openmailbox.org wrote:
> kldload i915kms returns
> black screen and unusable operating system that I need to reboot.
> That's really needing a fix.

Even though the screen is blank, could you try running `xinit` or
`startx` to see if that changes the display mode?  Also look to see if
Num/Caps-lock LEDs change as you do this.

Otherwise, you may need to SSH into the machine from another.

My Radeon card does the same thing right after I run `kldload
radeonkms`, even with the right firmware available.  But the system is
still responsive and I can (blindly) start X - this turns the display
back on - but it fails to detect/use KMS so it still runs with
unaccelerated vesa graphics currently.

I already use libdrm2/2.4.46-4, so maybe I need to try with newer Xorg.

I have no Intel graphics hardware to test with.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org