Re: libmtp-dev dependency issue on kfreebsd

Hi,

On 17/11/13 16:27, Modestas Vainius wrote:
> Having in mind that libusb-0.1 is deprecated, it seems that the whole libusb*
> packaging structure (i.e. libusb-1.0-0-dev virtual package on kFreeBSD) in
> Debian is meant to establish that libusbx should be used on Linux while
> libusb2 from freebsd-libs should be used on kFreeBSD.

This seems reasonable to me.  But it is an odd situation, that
libgphoto2 moving to libusb2 requires that unrelated package libmtp (and
perhaps others?) does the same.

Usual debcheck installability checks did not see this issue, but it is
identified here (updated nightly) or by using the relevant tools:
http://bootstrap.debian.net/kfreebsd-amd64/log.txt

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org