Re: Potential issues for most ports (Was: Re: Bits from the Release Team (Jessie freeze info))

Hi,

On 05/11/13 18:50, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Nov 2013, Don Armstrong wrote:
>> This sounds like a case where we should turn these usertags into fully
>> fledged tags. [Or alternatively, they should just be made usertags under
>> the debian-ports@lists.debian.org user or similar.]

Either of those sounds good.  Fully-fledged tags would be the easiest
for most reporters to remember to use, but I wonder if this pollutes the
tag namespace.

> [Or multiple pseudopackages.]
>
> Something like i386.ports.debian.org or similar would work, with each
> current port getting a pseudopackage, and the maintainer of the
> pseudopackage being the ports list.

Would that be only for generic issues with a port, not specific to a
package?  I doubt this would be used much.  These bugs might typically
be reassigned to kernel packages or eglibc anyway.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org