Re: openjdk maintenance for wheezy and squeeze

On 18/02/13 05:14, Christoph Egger wrote:
> Matthias Klose <doko@ubuntu.com> writes:
>>  - Afaik openjdk-7 for kfreebsd does build on kfreebsd (according to Damien)
>>    with the kfreebsd kernel from wheezy. So maybe some commitment could be
>>    found to upgrade and maintain the kernels before wheezy is released?
>
> [...] I guess it would be somewhat hard to get a change in for wheezy and
> it *should* work once wheezy is released (I'll try that again as soon as
> I can -- but then I'm somewhat bussy right now and wheezy RC bugs have
> priority).

I wouldn't worry about this;  there's no need to rush an OpenJDK into
kfreebsd for wheezy.  Even if we could, consider that OpenJDK and the
reverse build-deps that will get built, have had almost zero testing on
this arch.

So I'd actually prefer the opposite - do whatever is quickest and
easiest to get the release done.  Then when testing re-opens we know we
can get OpenJDK built, plus lots of new packages that have been waiting
on it.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org