GNU Toolchain on the FreeBSD Kernel

Hi Guys,

I've read a bit about the Debian GNU/kFreeBSD project, and since I am
trying to do something quite similar, that is, bootstrapping the GNU
Toolchain on an arbitrary Unix-like Kernel that is currently running the
BSD Userland, I wanted to ask if there is someone that could give me a
couple of pointers how to do that.

Until now, I've tried following the Linux From Scratch Build
instructions, just substituting the linux kernel with the kernel I'd
like to use, however, especially porting the glibc has proven to be a
challenge.

Since there is only scarce documentation on the subject, I thought one
of you might be able to help :)

Appreciate it,

Andy