KFreeBSD USB drive via lb config

Hi all,

my goal is to create a live usb stick with custom packages etc. which
I can put into my MicroLiant 36L and boot from it in order to have a
configurable live system which I can mount some ZFS raid-Z drives
into.
Browsing the Internet I stumbled upon "lb config" as the Debian way in
order to build customized live-systems. Searching for tutorials for
KFreeBSD I could not find anything unfortunately.

Could somebody provide me with a hint in order to achieve the above
mentioned goal? I would be very pleased to replace the current FreeNAS
installation...

Best wishes from Bamako

Sebastian