Re: Kernel Panic -- how to continue

Package: kfreebsd-image-9.0-2-amd64
Version: 9.0-6
Severity: serious

Hi!

Christoph Egger <christoph@debian.org> writes:
> Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org> writes:
>> On 18/09/12 17:11, Christoph Egger wrote:
>>>   We're seeing a kernel panic [0] here (triggered be calling `pfctl -f
>>> somefile`) quite deterministically. This is happeniong on a Debian 9.0-2
>>> Kernel + if_bce. I'd like to get this fixed so I'm curious on how to
>>> best continue.
>>
>> I looked up pfr_update_stats in
>> http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/ident?v=FREEBSD9 and then had a look at the
>> upstream SVN log for the source file.
>>
>> I think I got lucky.  I notice this recent fix to initialise a variable
>> used in that function, so this is probably it:
>>
>> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&amp;sortby=rev&amp;sortdir=down&amp;revision=236364
>>
>> This bugfix was accepted in 9.1-RC1 but hopefully we can apply it to 9.0.
>
> This sounds perfectly in line with one of the other admins observing
> this to somehow go away by dropping the counters from some table in the
> pf config. I'll try to get a patched kernel and see if it goes away.

  This patch indeed fixes the panic. It applies cleanly also on our 9.0
kernel. Please consider adding this patch.

Regards

    Christoph

[0] http://random.christoph-egger.org/bce_pf_bt.jpg

-- System Information:
Debian Release: wheezy/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (500, 'testing'), (500, 'stable')
Architecture: kfreebsd-amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: kFreeBSD 9.0-2-amd64
Locale: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages kfreebsd-image-9.0-2-amd64 depends on:
ii  devd           9.0+ds1-7
ii  freebsd-utils  9.0+ds1-7
ii  kbdcontrol     9.0+ds1-7
ii  kldutils       9.0+ds1-7

kfreebsd-image-9.0-2-amd64 recommends no packages.

kfreebsd-image-9.0-2-amd64 suggests no packages.