Re: logger not found

Hi Christoph,

On 06/09/12 20:43, Christoph Egger wrote:
> Anyone apart from me seeing logger: command not found errors when
> booting wheezy? it's installed and present as /usr/bin/logger but throws
> out tons of errors on boot time

I haven't seen that.

Is something on your system trying to use logger before your /usr is
mounted yet?

If your /usr is remote then that is the most obvious reason.

Otherwise during early boot it might be called by devd, or from the
if-up.d script for mounting NFS shares, but both of these pre-depend on
$local_fs (and hence mountall) to start first, so logger should be
available to them (unless /usr is remote).

You might also get some clues from:

# grep -v mountall /etc/init.d/.depend.boot

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org