Re: when trying to log in system hangs

On 07/08/2012 03:27 PM, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
I'm not familiar with running GNU/kFreeBSD 6.0.5 on a desktop system.  I
would guess that XFCE works better than Gnome on that version.

Also I wonder if it would make any difference if you tried gdm3 instead
of gdm?

   My error, appers it is using gdm3.
   I find this interesting...on the login screen, my user name is
automatically selected, then I enter my password, this is when the login hangs.
  however when i select other from the login menu, then enter
my userid, password, it logins into gnome. I tried this a couple of times and
   it works. Guess I will need to login this way:-)