Re: Postgres in jails

Hi!

Sounds like a fun thing to do, so I also tried installing postgres9.1 in
a Wheezy jail on GNU/kFreeBSD.  I got the same error at first.

Running sysctl *inside* the jail I could see this:
> security.jail.sysvipc_allowed: 0

So I tried this on the host system:
> jail -m name=jail1001 allow.sysvipc=1
(name=jail1001 is something I defined when I created that jail)

And after that it just worked.

Maybe you were running sysctl on the host system here (where sysvipc was
allowed) instead of inside the jail (where security.jail has a separate
namespace, and you'd probably have seen it was disallowed) :
> # sysctl security.jail.sysvipc_allowed
> security.jail.sysvipc_allowed: 1

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org