Re: OpenJDK-7 on kFreeBSD (feedback)

Hi,

On 16/05/12 06:18, Christoph Egger wrote:
> Changing kernels did not fix this problem in any way. What did make
> openjdk-7 compile was switching from stable's sbuild/schroot to
> wheezy's.

Would doing this have updated any of the build-essential packages,
particularly binutils, eglibc?

> Library loads for: <build>/openjdk.build-boot/lib/i386/libverify.so
> Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-minimal.c: 138: realloc: Assertion `ptr == alloc_last_block' failed!
> make[6]: *** [<build>/openjdk.build-boot/lib/i386/libverify.so] Error 1

I learned that this bug can be due to wrong link order[1] (if ld.so's
minimal implementation of realloc replaces the eglibc one;  or maybe the
eglibc implementation isn't being loaded it all).

>   $(ECHO) "Library loads for: $1" && \
>   $(LDD) $1 && \

So the error we are seeing comes from when ldd executes libverify.so for
dependency tracing.  It would be useful to have a copy of that file
after reproducing this (then use 'readelf -d' on it, or
LD_DEBUG=bindings as explained in [1]).

[1] http://www.technovelty.org/linux/libc-symbol-visibility.html

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org