Re: OpenJDK-7 on kFreeBSD (feedback)

On 05/20/2012 04:51 PM, Roger Leigh wrote:

There's 1.5.2-1 in experimental.  It should just rebuild for
squeeze.

I would not expect the schroot version to be a problem though.
schroot is after all just a fancy wrapper around chroot(8).
If schroot is causing problems, it's likely to be in the
process environment or in the chroot environment (mounted
filesystems etc.).  While different versions of schroot might
have slightly different defaults, none of the changes should
result in build failures.

You could try running schroot with "-p" to use the environment
in your session, rather than a clean one.  This would help see
if it's a process environment issue.

You could try running with chroot(8) directly as root, and
eliminate schroot entirely.  This wouldn't set up any
filesystem mounts or do any other setup.

Regards,
Roger

Hi all.

Chrooted Sid on kfreebsd 6 (kernel 8.1 AMD64) doesn't have /run/lock directory, but under wheeze it has so I created it into squeeze's chroot as a simple world writable directory.

I tried to compile openjdk-7 in chroot environment with Squeeze's schroot_1.4.22-1~bpo60+1 and dpkg-buildpackage, but build faild with error:

Error: could not find libjava.so
Error: Could not find Java SE Runtime Environment.

The error is different from that on Debian's buildd machines, but maybe they use different version of schroot.

If I use chroot and mount file systems manually the error is gone.

There is my configuration of schroot - http://os.oles.biz/openjdk/schroot-etc-2012-05-27.tar.gz

I don't know what anything more to try so any suggestions are welcome.

Best regards
Georgi