Problem with mounting ext2 formatted partition on USB drive: No such device

Hi,
i'm running Debian GNU/kFreeBSD wheezy/sid and can't mount ext2
formatted drives. It would be very nice if someone could give me a
hint about what's wrong.

1. I create a partition on a USB drive with fdisk:

Disk identifier: 0xc03e9c33

/dev/da1p1            2048   625142447   312570200   83  Linux

2. I format it with mkfs.ext2 -O none /dev/da1s1

3. When i try to mount it with mount -t ext2 -O none /dev/da1s1
/somewhere, i get:

mount: /dev/da1p1 : No such device

although the device exists:

ls -l /dev/da1s1
crw-rw---- 1 root disk 0, 97 Jul 24 16:14 /dev/da1s1

Greetings,
Marcus

--
Give us this day our garlic bread and lead us not into vegetarianism
but deliver us some pizza.