Re: [kfreebsd-image-9] Please enable pflog device by default

owner 658677 debian-bsd@lists.debian.org

On 05/02/12 02:23, Dererk wrote:
> As a side note, current archive's tcpdump version is unable to recognize
> the pseudo interface type[1][2], but using openbsd's provided tcpdump
> does read kbsd's captured dumps. If this patch is accepted, I'll try to
> see how possible it is for debian's tcpdump to adopt pflog
> pseudodevice-handling patch.
Hi once again!

FTR, further inspection shows that, in fact, there appears to be a patch
to address PFLOG pseudodevice present on tcpdump debian's pkg, but for
some reason its falling back on /missing/.
Judging from this[1][2], it leads me think that it's simple not being
applied configured/applied on building time.

Petr, since you're listed as patch author, do you know if this feature
worked in the past?

BOFH excuse #403:
Sysadmin didn't hear pager go off due to loud music from bar-room speakers.