Re: FYI: interest in a Debian GNU/kFreeBSD live cd (Re: sky2: hw csum failure)

Hi Jonathan,

El 26 de gener de 2012 21:58, Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com> ha escrit:
>> Therefore I will try with FreeBSD (or a derivative), which use the 'msk'
>> driver which support that feature.
>> By the way, do you know if there is a Debian GNU/kFreeBSD live project?

If Vincent just wants to test the msk driver, he can do this with D-I
images too:

> Alas, I'm not familiar enough with live cds to know how hard that
> would be to make.  But thought you might like to know your work on the
> port is appreciated from another angle, anyway. ;-)

It's somewhere on my list, but I have many other priorities that come
first (such as FreeBSD 9.0 transition which I'm the only person
working on and is still far from finished).

Porting debian-live shouldn't be difficult though, specially since we
have D-I boot scripts as reference, and mkuzip package is now
available. Perhaps you could give this a try?