Re: TCP_KEEPIDLE on kfreebsd

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011, peter green wrote:

While looking at why stud FTBFS on all architectures except i386 and amd64 (as part of looking at armhf build failures to try to increase armhf's build percentage) I decided to take a look at why it wasn't building on kfreebsd. I discovered that it was trying to use the socket option TCP_KEEPIDLE.

Does freebsd/kfreebsd have an equivilent to this socket option?

Judging from http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/netinet/tcp_timer.c it's just SO_KEEPALIVE. Note that the always_keepalive sysctl defaults to on, so people should be getting keepalives most of the time unless they do something special.

-Ben Kaduk