Re: __FreeBSD_version

2011/11/29 John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>:
> Is this code in a Debian-specific package or from another party,

Christoph probably knows.

> and is this
> dependent on something that is unique to FreeBSD but not GNU/kFreeBSD?  (That
> is, which syscall ABI does GNU/kFreeBSD use and is this change something that
> is specific to the "native" ABI?)

I don't know the details to this particular case (it's Christoph's
package), but in case it helps: we use the same syscall ABI as FreeBSD
[1]. Our pthread library however, is based on rfork() (move to thr()
is planned).  It is very different from the two implementations of
userland-side threading in FreeBSD (KSE is one of them, right?).

[1] barring a few cases in which we were forced to diverge, but has
gotten a lot better lately since some of those patches were merged in
9-CURRENT.