Re: D-I changes needed for xterm transition (Re: (forw) Debian installer failed builds)

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 09:41, Robert Millan <rmh@debian.org> wrote:
> 2011/11/2 Robert Millan <rmh@debian.org>:
>> 2011/10/31 Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>:
>>> Oh, I didn't realized you only uploaded kfreebsd-kernel-di-amd64. I am
>>> going to work on it soon.
>>
>> If you update kfreebsd-kernel-di-i386, beware not to use 8.2-12 (still
>> not uploaded), it'd break a few places in D-I (I'm currently looking
>> at those).
>
> Here's a list of issues that would arise when using TEKEN_XTERM
> kernels with current D-I:
>
> - debian-installer-utils needs x/xterm installed -> I committed this
> to GIT, D-I folks is it okay to upload now?

It was uploaded.

> - rootskel sets TERM=cons25 but only when this variable wasn't set.
> This probably has no effect.

I did the change on rootskel but can't upload it as it fails to build
due libklibc fault.

> - busybox sets TERM=cons25

Changed; will ask for it to be uploaded soon.

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br