Re: open-vm-tools

On 11/17/2011 07:45 PM, Robert Millan wrote:

I have no idea if all is fine, but a package has been built, vmtoolsd is
running, and vcenter shows the vm's hostname.

Have you tested them?

Apart from doing 'hostname <xyz>' in the vm and seeing the hostname in virtual center change, no.

I didn't even expect to get this far after a couple of hours of editing source files :)

Could you remove the autogenerated autoconf bits and send the patch to
the BTS?  (with X-Debbugs-CC to this list).  Then we make sure it's
available to everyone.  We can probably work it out from there.

Sure. It may take some time for me to read up on how to use the BTS though.

I'll first try to get the nic info to work. That would make our vmware admins happy (and keep them quiet) :)

Robin