Re: LVM support

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Stefan Lippers-Hollmann <s.L-H@gmx.de> wrote:
> My first attempts (/ on lvm2, using MSDOS partition tables, no separate
> /boot/) have not been successful yet (when trying to write the
> bootsector), but I may not have left enough space for the embedding
> area or confused it by the way I booted into the system on lvm2. I will
> continue testing this (and hopefully the libparted patches) on the
> weekend, when I'm back to a virtualization capable system.

Strangely enough I'm seeing this too with Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.3 amd64
netinst image.  It's failing to install grub-pc to /target/ after
selecting Guided, use whole disk and setup lvm with separate /home
partition.

I wouldn't post this here, but it appears it may be a common bug and
that kFreeBSD isn't the only one affected here.  I've not tried on
real hardware, but i'm getting the error on VirtualBox 4.0.12.

--
Zac Slade
krakrjak@gmail.com