Re: New package version releases

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:46 PM, David Watson <hiranwatson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would a newer version of a package exist only in unstable and stable but not testing?! According to reportbug my version of aptitude (0.63-4) is out of date, but the newer version exists in stable and unstable. I confirmed by running aptitude and I have the latest (and only) version available!

So a quick search on http://packages.debian.org shows me that you have
the version in Wheezy.  The absolute latest version of aptitude in the
repositories is in Sid as 0.6.4-1.

If you'd like to try the Sid version without a lot of hassle check out
my roomies article on configuring APT[1].

[1] http://www.iguanasuicide.net/node/4

--
Zac Slade
krakrjak@gmail.com