Can't enter suspend mode

Hi guys,

I am having problems getting my kFreeBSD system (amd-64) to enter suspend mode when I am logged in to Gnome. I disabled Wake on LAN and PME in the BIOS, so this cannot be preventing sleep. Also I've tried both ACPI modes S1 and S3. HPET is set to 64 bits in BIOS. System is set to suspend after 10 min in Gnome Power Manager and screensaver to go on after 20. The system doesn't enter suspend, but the screensaver comes on.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-D525TUD (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3549#ov) with an Atom D525 chip.

I wanted to try pm-utils to manually put my system in suspend but that utility is not available for kFreeBSD.

Also pushing the power button halts and powers off the system, although in Gnome the setting is to ask what to do if the button is pushed and in the BIOS it's set to suspend (I can't disable the setting in the BIOS).

Are there some logs I should paste the contents of?

Thanks for any help!