Re: A few observations about systemd

]] Gergely Nagy

| Federico Di Gregorio <fog@debian.org> writes:

| >> 3 basically means dropping "Universal" from Debian, and replace it with
| >> "Linux".
| >
| > Wasn't "universal" as in "runs everywhere" (i.e., on a lot of archs) vs
| > as "runs everything" (when a Debian GNU/WinNT?).
|
| The main issue I have with dropping kFreeBSD & HURD would be (apart from
| losing two platforms I use - even if for fun only; I don't want to use a
| distribution that doesn't allow me to have as much fun as I do now) that
| it leads down the path of dropping whatever a vocal upstream decides to
| don't care about.

Just for the record: Hurd's no longer in unstable and hasn't been for a
while.

| What if next year $upstream_of_an_important_package decides that he only
| cares about amd64 and arm? The rest of the world is obsolete anyway...

Then we patch it or work around it somehow.

I'm not arguing for dropping kfreebsd, and I would like some of the
kFreeBSD porters to speak up with suggestions on how to handle the
situation best for them.  After all, it's they who have to live with
whatever solution we end up with.

--
Tollef Fog Heen