Re: massive bug report to replace "!kfreebsd-i386 !kfreebsd-amd64 !hurd-i386" kludges with dpkg wildcards

Hi,

Alle sabato 16 luglio 2011, Robert Millan ha scritto:
> 2011/7/16 Robert Millan <rmh@debian.org>:
> > The debian/control file in %package% uses a negated list of
> > architectures to specify a package relationship (most likely
> > Build-Depends) on a Linux-specific package.  I.e. something like:
> >
> >  Build-Depends: libfoo-dev [!kfreebsd-i386 !kfreebsd-amd64
> > !hurd-i386]

Nice initiative!

> > User: debian-bsd@lists.debian.org
> > Usertags: kfreebsd

I'd use some different usertag for this, as it is IMHO not that specific
to kbsd (even if it will matter for you soon, it seems); this way this
"migration" (and any other usage of wildcard archs, like for migrating
"list of linux archs" -> "linux-any", "kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386" ->
"kfreebsd-any", etc) could be generically tracked without getting also
the kfreebsd bugs.
What about a generic:
  User: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
  Usertags: wildcard-archs
?

A couple of notes for packages in your list:
- google-gadgets, qtmobility
  they have been fixed already in their git packaging repository,
  so their next upload will make use of wildcard archs
- kradio4
  I can do a QA upload for it

--
Pino Toscano