Re: squeeze kfreebsd-8

I think people can install from backports if they want the special
features in PF, PFSYNC, CARP and QUOTA, but if_msk causes kernel panic
on first boot.  It looks like a big showstopper to me.

If backporting the driver from HEAD is not acceptable, we could
consider other options, like removing this driver from kernel (and
building it as a module).  What do you think?

Backport of if_msk seems be the right way from my POV.
I would just use backport from current 8-STABLE

svn diff http://svn.freebsd.org/base/release/8.1.0/sys/dev/msk http://svn.freebsd.org/base/stable/8/sys/dev/msk

Are you able to test it on real HW ?

Petr