xserver-xorg-video-intel missing

Hi everyone,

after about 1.5 years of pause, I booted into my GkFBSD install today
and upgraded to current unstable (which was a pain, but oh well). The
major issue beside the hal-breakage, is that apparently xserver-xorg-
video-intel is not built anymore for *-kfreebsd.
I rememeber, when first using Debian GNU/kFreeBSD, this was the case
aswell, since someone thought
"Intel Graphics is only available on Intel Platform" ->
"Intel platform is only i386, amd64! ->
no drivers for *-kfreebsd

After some bug-reporting that what fixed, but now apparently this was
reverted. Was there a specific reason for this?

Also, if someone does reactivate automated builds for the intel driver,
can we force the version to <=2.7.1 since later versions don't work at
all without KMS or require newer kernel-drm which is not ported yet?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
Hannes