Re: Additional kernel options and devices

Mats Erik Andersson <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> writes:
> Anyway, there is certainly functionality that is not default
> in upstream FreeBSD, but could justly be considered mandatory
> for GNU/kFreeBSD. Could we collect some kind of central information
> source on this matter?

Thanks for the reminder. I added

== Q. How does kfreebsd's config differ from upstream and why? ==

A. You can [[http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/glibc-bsd/trunk/kfreebsd-8/debian/patches/999_config.diff|take a look at the changes made to sys/amd64/conf/GENERIC]].

to http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_FAQ -- would the ideal
place to document the rationale behind each change be in the
description of that patch? I am not sure if it is good to have it
separately in the wiki when it could be in the patch itself.