Incomplete UTMP and WTMP for terminal emulators.

Dear all,

I just now fired a full X session, and I observe that neither gnome-terminal.wrapper,
nor xterm proper, are able to register themselves in /var/run/utmp and in /var/log/wtmp.
This is on the border of being serious. Could another member also check this phenomenon.

Do other terminal emulators bahave well? Rxvt? Mrxvt?

For the simpler emulator Xvt, I have now submitted #605679 and #650396 to resolve
related issues, where the first enables CTTY for kfreebsd-*, but has been left un-
attended for close to a year now. I would like support for pushing an NMU if nothing
happens within a close future.

Best regards,
  Mats E A, DM