Re: __FreeBSD_version

Hi!

Robert Millan <rmh@debian.org> writes:
> This would allow us to remove some of the ugly patches that workaround
> lack of this macro and can't be merged upstream, or hardcoding of
> -D__FreeBSD_version=xxxxx in CFLAGS of certain packages.

  I'm one of those who do use this kind of `hack` in sbcl. However the
sbcl code here would be broken in squeeze if __FreeBSD_version was set
to 8 as it made assumptions about SIGNAL handlers based on this that
IIRC were based on libc stuff (squeeze glibc targetting FreeBSD 7 ABI or
something). This might be misuse of the macro and I don't care that much
if it's set in glibc or not, just wanting to mention.

Regards

    Christoph

--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer