Re: New package version releases

Can I select just one package from sid or do I have to download the whole repo release file?

Also I understand that sid's version of aptitude is higher than wheezy, but why would reportbug indicate both stable and unstable have the newer version?
------Original Message------
From: Zac Slade
To: David H. Watson
Subject: Re: New package version releases
Sent: 10 Oct 2011 23:02

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:57 PM, David Watson <hiranwatson@gmail.com> wrote:
> If the version exists in wheezy then why is it not showing up even after running apt-get update?$

If the version has made it to wheezy then yes.  As you can see
however, the upgrade hasn't made it to wheezy yet:

# wheezy (testing) (admin):

# sid (unstable) (admin):

If you want to test the new version of aptitude from sid you will have
to enable the repository and possibly pin the aptitude package to the
one available in sid.

Zac Slade

e: hiranwatson@gmail.com