Re: Searching website for a bug

So I use reportbug to file bugs too? What about the package debbugs? I installed thinking I need to use it, but reading the doc is making me think otherwise.

------Original Message------
From: Zac Slade
To: David H. Watson
Subject: Re: Searching website for a bug
Sent: 10 Oct 2011 22:29

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:20 PM, David Watson <hiranwatson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi I'm trying to search www.debian.org/bugs to see if a bug report has been created for an issue I'm having with aptitude. But once I click submit it's taking a long time to do a search. Is this normal? Can I do a CL search in kfreebsd?

Sure can!  All you need is to install reportbug then try the following:
reportbug aptitude

The default behavior if reportbug is to search the bts and show you
existing bugs to make sure yours isn't a duplicate.  If you don't
think your bug is listed then it has a set of prompts for you to file
a new bug.

I would recommend saving a copy of the email before it sends it off
just in case you have an issue you can recover what you need to file
the bug again in case of a .... bug in reportbug.

Enjoy!
--
Zac Slade
krakrjak@gmail.com