OpenJDK-7 on kFreeBSD: Status update.
Hi GNU/kFreeBSD hackers,
Here is some openjdk-7 for GNU/kFreeBSD update!
Let start by good news. Since early september I have near-fully-working
kfreebsd-i386 openjdk-7 snapshots uploaded on my people.debian.org .
And since #637474 (GCJ segfault under kfreebsd-amd64) has been fixed,
there is now also kfreebsd-amd64 openjdk-7 snapshots.
So what's bad news ? As you can see , I haven't yet managed to get a
working build on buildd network :/
I've already reported this issue here  and Petr Salinger tried to help
me  but I'm unable to diagnose this issue. I spent countless hours
trying to build a reduced test case without luck, so I have to say that
it's outside my actual skills :/ So I need help to know how we can handle
this. Is there someone willing to help ?
To get a clear overview of what's going on :
1) openjdk-7 source package build fine under both
- a clean sid KVM : http://deb.li/WQyI
- a wheezy server : http://deb.li/AE4e
2) it FTBFS inside a sid chroot installed on a squeeze KVM (same error as
on buildd network) : http://deb.li/3ZzDA
3) it FTBFS inside a sid chroot installed on a wheezy server (looks like
rpath / $ORIGIN issue) : http://deb.li/30Az0
Damien - Debian Developper