Edit /boot/loader.conf

In Debian GNU/kFreeBSD, is there an equivalent to /boot/loader.conf? Or can I edit grub's config file to pass kernel parameters?

I was finally able to install kFreeBSD, but I'm having the same problem as I mentioned in a previous thread - the vm is using up a lot of cpu even when the os is idle (host and guest).

I found a section in the FreeBSD handbook about installing FreeBSD as a vm guest, and it mentioned about editing /boot/loader.conf to include the line "kern.hz=100". (This was also mentioned in the other thread as a possible solution.) The only problem is that I checked and there is no loader.conf file in /boot! So should I create one? Or can I edit grub's config file?

Thanks.
David
e: hiranwatson@gmail.com