Re: Release Update: Goals, Arches, Rolling, Removals

On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 10:07:19PM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> We've had a look at all the current goals, and the proposed new ones.
> Below is a list of goals, and their status. Given the list is rather
> long, please have a look at Release Goals on the wiki for details as to
> why these are in the following classes, or to find out more details
> about them! [GOALS:WIKI]
> [...]
> New for this release:
> - /run support
> - v4l v1 removal
> - stop using /dev/dsp

Is this last goal a good thing for GNU/kFreeBSD?  As far as I
understood, FreeBSD kernel is shipping with the OSS4 API and still uses
/dev/dsp.

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
jeremy.bobbio@irq7.fr               : :   :             lunar@debian.org