Re: Reworked ZFS support in D-I, testers wanted

> It seems that the workflow only permits you to create a pool for creating
> logical volumes rather than using the pool directly.  In the wheezy
> installer I tested last weekend, exactly the opposite is true, in that you
> create a pool to be used directly, albeit in a partition.

This is very complicated to solve due to the way the rest of partman
works.  Why is it a problem anyway?

Preallocation of storage.  I would like the option of setting a zfs quotas, which will limit the amount of storage a given zfs can fill, but not preallocate and thus reduce the amount available to the rest of the pool.  Seems like this could just been one of the options under the filesystem where you choose the mountpoint, but I am not familiar with partman's internals.

--
Zach