Re: squeeze kfreebsd-8

What kind of updates should be provided for the kfreebsd-8 that
shipped with squeeze?

Should it stay with 8.1 or should we update it to 8.2?

In squeeze, we should stay with 8.1.
The kfreebsd-kernel-headers package is generated from 8.1 sources.
Unfortunately, even API is changed between them,
see i.e. freebsd-utils/debian/local/include/sys/mount.h in our SVN.

If we update it to 8.2, will this cause trouble with 8.1 userland?

The 8.2 kernel with 8.1 userland should not casuse troubles.

Dragging 8.2 userland with it would be a bad idea IMHO.  What do you
think?

If we stay with 8.1, should we enable PF, PFSYNC, CARP and QUOTA?
What about if_msk backport?

I would rather put 8.2 kernel into backports [1].
Eventually, when it will be created into squeeze-and-half.

Petr

[1] http://backports-master.debian.org/changes/squeeze-backports.html