Re: compiling out-of-tree kernel modules for kFreeBSD (was Re: Error during compiling kernel module at generating file vnode_if.h.)

2011/6/18 Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu>:
> For stock
> FreeBSD, I can integrate with the bsd.kmod.mk system makefile which
> simplifies things greatly.  Is there a similar standard mechanism by which
> to build an out-of-tree kernel module on Debian/kFreeBSD?

You can use bsd.kmod.mk on Debian all the same.  Make sure you
have installed:

freebsd-buildutils
kfreebsd-headers-8.2-1-amd64 (>= 8.2-2)

then:

SYSDIR=/usr/src/kfreebsd-headers-8.2-1-amd64/sys
PATH=/usr/lib/freebsd:$PATH make

For an example of this in action see:

http://people.debian.org/~rmh/fuse/

(Note: this package still needs cleanup, but the build system works)