Re: kfreebsd-9 in experimental?

2011/6/15 Petr Salinger <Petr.Salinger@seznam.cz>:
>> Is there any point in keeping kfreebsd-6 and kfreebsd-7 directories
>> in SVN?  I think they could be removed.
>
> They are still in oldstable, it does not cost much to have them in SVN.

Yes, but they receive commits that are not intended (or even remotely
suitable) for oldstable.

trunk/kfreebsd-7 is tracking 7.3-7, it can't be used for a new lenny
upload.

trunk/kfreebsd-6 is only useful for tracking lenny, but it's receiving
cleanup commits (r2376 and r3312) that are clearly not intended
for that distribution.

If you want them to serve this purpose (tracking oldstable), I suggest
they are moved to branches/lenny/, using the revisions that
correspond to their lenny versions (kfreebsd-6 has r2313 and
kfreebsd-7 has r2323 + fixes from lenny branch).