Re: Different behavior in the chroot and build services

Hello,

Le mardi 31 mai 2011 à 15:33 +0200, Petr Salinger a écrit :
> Anyway, the difference between buildd and porter machine is also CPU.
> On one my machine (and seems also on both GNU/kFreeBSD builld)
> "make getarch_2nd" fails.
>
> The "param.h" handles OPTERON, but not INTEL_UNKNOWN
> as generated by "getarch 1":
Thanks for spotting that. I think it is the issue.
Could you share the output of /proc/cpuinfo ?
I would like to report a bug upstream on this (looks like it does not
fall-back on the generic define if it cannot detect the CPU).

Since I have no way to reproduce myself the issue, would you mind to
test some stuff for me ?

1) Just apply displayCpuInfo.diff (forceGeneric.diff should not be
applied here)
and type "make getarch"

2) Apply forceGeneric.diff
it should fix the report issue.

If you don't have time for that, no worries.

many thanks,
Sylvestre