apvlv: FTBFS on kfreebsd-*: libdjvulibre.so: undefined reference to symbol, 'pthread_cancel@@GLIBC_2.3'

Hi KiBi,

I'm currently looking at apvlv (because of the impending poppler transition)

| Linking CXX executable apvlv
| /usr/bin/ld:
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-kfreebsd-gnu/4.5.2/../../../../lib/libdjvulibre.so:
undefined reference to symbol 'pthread_cancel@@GLIBC_2.3'
| /usr/bin/ld: note: 'pthread_cancel@@GLIBC_2.3' is defined in DSO
//lib/libpthread.so.0 so try adding it to the linker command line
| //lib/libpthread.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
| collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
| make[3]: *** [src/apvlv] Error 1

To me this looks like a bug in libdjvulibre (on kbsd)

Apparently it is libdjvulibre which doesn't link against libpthread (whereas it
does on Linux), although it uses it.

Adding -lpthread to apvlv looks like a workaround to me, but please correct me
if I'm wrong.

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?